Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Consumer Review: Best Buy

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Best Buy


I want to take some time this week to talk about Best Buy.  For the most part Best Buy is a wonderful company. They almost always will have whatever I am looking for, and a couple things I’m not also. Their employees are helpful and more knowledgeable than other electronic tech stores like Office Depot or Radio Shack. However, I do have a problem with their return policy. You might say that most companies today follow similar practices, however I had expected just a little more from them.
  It has been 60 days since I bought my Gateway computer, and the computer started to act up on me. I would be working on PowerPoint and it would freeze up completely. I also experienced an issue one day when it just shutdown. I called Best Buy with hopes they would trade me out a new one, but their response was “Have you had your computer more than 14 days?” to which I responded yes, and the answer is you cannot return it. I was a little mad to say the least. I have only had the computer 60 days. I know most companies follow these similar procedures, but I believe if you buy a big ticket item 14 days is way to short. They make you call the manufacturer and solve the issue yourself. I feel like if they deal with these manufactures all the time, and have good relations they ought to be able to extend more than a 14 day return policy. I will continue shopping at Best Buy because I have no choice( and that is yet another story as well) but I sure am upset by this.