Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Consumer Review: Comcast

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Comcast

For my first post I want to talk about my experiences with Comcast. I want to say that this is only my own personal experience and therefore must be taken for what it is.

When moving to a new apartment I was confronted with the decision to choose T.V. and Internet providers. Since Comcast had a big name and could combine both the services I choose Comcast. They had reasonable charges and offered in my mind a great value.

I found out later however that this was not true. They offered a service called On Demand in which they said I would be able to watch my favorite shows at any time. I work more than 40 hours a week , and when I get home to watch T.V. I expect it to be there. This was not the case. I would have to say I had a realistic 20% success rate getting On Demand to work, and being able to watch T.V. This leads me to my next complaint. Whenever I called to ask for help I had to weed my way through a confusing phone system. Then I was lead to a representative who would just tell me to unplug and re plug. I asked for reimbursement for the inconvenience and was told no "On Demand is a privilege service we offer". I dealt over and over with this
I finally decided to end service when moving to Naples, and was told I could return my equipment to any local Comcast dealer. I later found out this was a flat out LIE. I could not return it anywhere and now that I was in Naples I would have to drive to Ft. Lauderdale to return it. If not I would face a 250.00 Fee for no returned equipment. To say the least I WILL NEVER USE COMCAST AGIN!