Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Consumer Review: Casio fx-115 ES

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Casio fx-115 ES

To introduce one of this week’s products I must first tell you how bad I am in math. I am really bad with fractions and some of the longer division. Needless to say I have found a great friend in calculators.
  When I was in about the 9th grade I got introduced to the TI-85. The TI-85 is a graphing calculator that is made by Texas Instruments. I would say that it is probably my best friend through high school and college; however this post is not about the TI-85. This is about the Casio fx-115 ES.
 The Casio fx-115 ES looks very basics when it is sat next to the much larger TI-85, and it surely cannot do a lot that the TI does, but the TI lacks some basics features that the Casio excels at. You might not think so at first glance. You might overlook the Casio if you didn’t know any better. In fact, the only reason I found out about the Casio was that I had lost my TI-85, and was rushing to a test. I grabbed whatever calculator was left (the Casio) and ran to class. That test was a math test and I got an A. What the Casio does, is it allows you to input the problem the same exact way you see it on the paper. Fractions, powers, and square roots can all be easily input. You can put fractions within other fractions and all of the complicated things that can be so messy on a TI-85. I Love the Casio fx-115 ES, it has made my life so much better, and helped me so much.
  Now I still use the TI-85 for hard graphing calculations, and other problems that it does so very well, but now I carry two calculators. I use them both together, combining both of their strengths. I would tell anyone who is not strong in math to take a look at the Casio fx-115 ES it retails at  about $18.00 and can be found just about any place that sells calculators. I got mine at Wal-Mart.